Did you know that Oatmeal, better known as Oats,has massive anti-inflammatory, skin healing and anti-oxidant properties?
While everyone is aware of oatmeal as a power breakfast, what people don’t know is that it benefits your skin too. Oatmeal, also known as oats have massive anti-inflammatory, skin healing and anti-oxidant properties.
Read the 7 benefits of Oats for skin on our website
1. Owing to its natural saponin ( makes foam when shaken with water) content, oats work as a terrific natural skin cleanser. Whether you have sensitive or dry skin, it doesn’t strip its natural oils.
2. If you have ultra-sensitive skin that can’t tolerate exfoliators, oats can be a great alternative owing to its texture.
3. Rich in proteins and lipids oatmeal has potent emollient properties making it a great moisturizer. Doing this and also using a gentle moisturizer will make your skin softer than a baby’s.
4. Oatmeal has rich anti-oxidant properties and helps undo damage done to your skin by pollution, UV rays and chemicals.
5. Oats helps reduce itching and inflammation and can be used to calm eczema and heal psoriasis.
6. Owing to its healing, moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties, oatmeal is effective in soothing sunburn.
7. Oatmeal is anti-pruritic and really helps control the itching that is inherent to various skin diseases and fungal infections.
With so many benefits it's hard to not use oats in our skincare. Many of our kits like scrubs, tub tea, soaps include this ingredient.